About Crozet Elementary


Crozet Elementary School is located on 21 acres in Albemarle County's designated growth area of Crozet and houses students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade. The school and the area were both named for Colonel Claudius Crozet the French civil engineer who cofounded the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington and designated the path of the Blue Ridge Railroad. The area now known as Crozet was originally called Wayland's Crossing and was a small railroad town with an agricultural focus. The town still has two of the largest apple and peach orchards in the area. The original two story school building opened in 1907 with four classrooms; in 1924 a 10 room schoolhouse was built with a capacity for 313 students enough to hold first through eleventh grades at the time. After many changes and additions to the original structure through the years a site was chosen directly across the road to house the new and current building which was completed in September of 1990, and expanded to its current size in 2022.

The school currently has over 500 students with 100+ staff members. We offer a variety of after school clubs and programs for students that vary each school quarter. These offerings include topics such as music, art, running, and leadership. Our spring Running Club culminates with a Community Fun Run which is organized by our PTO.